LadyDay. Vanessa is a rockstar blogger who posts a beautiful inspiration board for us all to see. She is the epitome of great taste, and her blog has been a favorite of mine for a long time. Vanessa kindly let us take a peak into her beauty regime today.
So here's the essentials of my make-up bag...
1. Bobbi Brown bronzing powder in Deep (I use it year-round)
2. Bobbi Brown blush in Apricot
3. Mac eyeshadow in Motif
4. Bobbi Brown pot rouge for lips and cheeks in Chocolate Cherry & Calypso Coral
5. Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick in Warm Natural
6. Laura Mercier secret concealer #4
7. Laura Mercier caviar eyeliner in Bleu Marine (stays on till you wash it off)
8. Bobbi Brown eye liner brush
9. Laura Mercier eye brow pencil in Soft Brunette
10. Bobbi Brown Face Blender Brush & Foundation Brush (not pictured) (I've had them for years and they're as soft as the day purchased)
11. Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal mascara
12. Sister Creations Power Repair Face Mist with Vitamin C
13. Aquaphor healing ointment
And there you have it, my arsenal of "pretty". These are my go-to's when my day is filled with errand running and play-dates at the park. I'm not big into eyeshadow but if I ever got a hands-on lesson from Bobbi Brown herself then count me in. I started using her line in high school when I came across one of her books at Barnes. All of the women looked so natural, enhanced rather than made-up and truth be told, the guys and gals at the Mac counter scared me silly. Sister Creations is a local natural beauty brand that I've come to love. I spray a few pumps of their facial mist afterward to give that dewy look and a tube of Aquaphor is always within reach, it's great for lips and hands and I even dab it around my eyes at night.