Today, our theme is "Quick & Easy Family Recipes." This is my go-to dinner when I have no time. There is nothing to it, but no one would ever know! It is a crowd pleaser that everyone will be thrilled to eat. And it only takes about 15 minutes of work time! (If that...)
BBQ PORK & COLESLAW SANDWICHES
2.5 lbs Boneless Pork Loin Roast
1 bottle BBQ Sauce (I like Sweet Baby Ray Honey BBQ Sauce)
• Place the pork into a slow cooker with 1 cup of water. Cook on high for 4-5 hours or until is falls apart with a fork.
• Take pork out of slow cooker and shred it with a fork, trimming any extra fat.
• Put pork back into slow-cooker and add BBQ sauce. (The amount is really a matter of taste. We like ours extra goopy, so I add the entire bottle.) Let it warm up on low for another 30 minutes.
• In another bowl, toss together coleslaw mix and dressing. (Again, to desired goopiness.) Place 1/2 cup pork in bun and top with about 1/2 cup of coleslaw.
• Serve & Enjoy!
Makes about 8 sandwiches.
Please take a moment to check out these Hoppers and their wonderfully easy dinner/recipe ideas:
Jaime & Emily
Thanks for participating, ladies!
Here's how "Blog Hopping" works:
• Each blogger participating will post on their own blog about a pre-chosen theme. (Blog Hopping is all about discovering new blogs!)
• Posts will go up on the 20th of each month
• At the end of the post, the bloggers participating will be linked so you all can "hop" around and check out the other ideas/recipes.
• And most exciting: YOU are invited to participate. Please contact me or Miranda if you are interested.